Saturday, January 7, 2012

scarfs...a new beginning

In efforts to figure out what God will have me do for income this next year, I have a new desire to go back to my old interests at crafting & see if I can sell anything I make....and it has started with a scarf!
My long-time friend Heather and I took a sewing class right before Christmas and we learned how to make an 'Infinity Scarf'. And here is the result....ta da!




The teacher reviewed my sewing machine parts to help me better familiarize myself with the pieces of the machine.  My sweet hubby bought me this machine for Christmas almost 10 years ago right after we got married and I've really only used it to mend items.  I'm going to try my hand at a few old projects and see if they'll be marketable on my new Etsy.com account (site for homemade items)!

And in talking about scarves, here is one of the coolest videos! I found the video on one of the blogs I follow and was inspired by the 25 different ways to wear a scarf:
http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/10/25-ways-to-wear-a-scarf-video.html

(If you can't view the blog, here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5LYAEz777AU#!)

No comments:

Post a Comment